Inexpensive DIY Lamp

I had this vase I bought from Ikea long ago that I wasn't fully utilizing. I don't even think Ikea sells it anymore (unfortunately). I think I paid $5 for it. Anyhow, I've been wanting to make it look... I don't know... better. Well, the other day a light bulb went off in my head and I thought... I could make a lamp out of this thing. I had a lamp shade that I bought from JCPenny (on sale) thinking I could use it in my daughter's room but it didn't work for the look I wanted so the lamp shade was sitting in a corner collecting dust. While in Wal-Mart I bought a bottle lamp kit for only $6.

The instructions are pretty easy to follow and only took me about 15 minutes after I spent a little time disecting the instructions. To create my lamp and cut a hole in the bottom of my vase, put the light kit together, placed it in the whole and plugged it in. It was just that easy. I think it came out beautifully. I'm slowly getting my guest bedroom together. Next, I've gotta paint.



I think it turned out beautifully!

It's also sitting on top of a french provincial style nightstand that I got off craiglist for only $25! What a steal. I think I want to paint it white. I'll have to think about that one.

Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.