Future DIY Projects I want to tackle

There are quite a few DIY projects I want to do. As you may have read in one of my previous posts, I'm very much a do-it-yourself kind of person and have always loved doing arts-n-crafts type of stuff so I have a list of stuff I plan on doing between now and the near future.

1. Make a diamond button tufted full size upholstered headboard... it will be covered in burlap, a very earthy material that is like a tougher version of linen. I plan to cover the buttons myself. There are a few more supplies I still need to purchase and then I will get started. I will be sure to take step-by-step photos when I create because I know there a lot of other people out there wanting to do the same thing. Pictures help a lot. Stay tuned for the finished product.

2. Re-do a wood 3 drawer chest... I've already started this process. I bought a nice size 3 drawer dresser from someone off of craigslist for $30. I've already sanded it down and now I'm figuring out exactly how I want it to look. I have an idea for it, I'm just looking for the right drawer pulls for it. I'm also thinking of attaching some of those glide rails to make the drawers slide in and out more easily. Another thing I think I want to do is attach feet to it as well. I'm still looking for the right style though. 3. Make some pillows! The pillows will be for the bed. I won't start no the pillows until I've found the right bedding. For now, I will check out the scrap and clearance fabrics at some of the area stores. This way I won't have to spend a bundle.

4. Re-do my kitchen cabinets This is currently in the think-tank... I'll be back later once my ideas are solidfied.

I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR:
- Large inexpensive mirror
- Old french looking simple chair I can reupholster
- small nightstand or side table
- drawer pulls, lucite maybe.
- the right bedding! I want something green and white.
- always looking for interesting decor and old items that can be refreshed.

Here's some inspiration of mine...








Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.