DIY Dresser Re-Do ... Finished?


Okay, I was kinda slow about finishing my dresser that I started on so long ago. But, I think I may have finished. I say I think because I'm not completely sold on whether to have knobs or not. My blogging about my dresser began here when I found a dresser on craigslist and pondered on what to do with it. I decided to cover it with a leather-like material and possibly add knobs. I continued my adventures in dresser revitalizing here when I decided to put in some work into getting the dresser up-to-par by building up the bottom and adding decorative legs. So after doing this, my dresser sat and sat.... and sat.... and sat. I could make up my mind whether I wanted to stain or paint it. Then one day while at Home Depot I saw a spray paint in a color I loved and decided that that's what I wanted to do. Spray paint my dresser a teal color. I bought a can of primer and a can of spray paint; pulled my dresser into my garage and started. That was after I took all 3 drawers out.



Primed Dresser
I had to do a little bit of trim work as you can see a little in the above picture to cover up the area where you could see the legs connecting to the dresser. I simply bought some wood pieces from Hobby Lobby and used a simple miter box I previously purchased from Hobby Lobby for small trim pieces and cut them to the lengths I needed and used wood glue to added them along with some small nails.
Coat of Spray Paint
In the end this piece fit perfectly in a little nook I have at work. It looks fantastic and holds so much stuff like sheets and some of my craft stuff. I think next I will line the drawers with decorative paper. Now I've gotta be on the look out for some nice decorative paper.




 I haven't decided yet whether to go with knobs or not. I may just go without. We'll see...

Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.