I've started on my dresser project

Okay I began working on the dresser I found on craigslist. I first sanded it down which I did a while back. Next I measured where I wanted my knobs to go... next drill the holes. After the holes were drilled I began laying my fabric over the face of the drawer and stapled the edges of the fabric (I chose a leather like material) on the backside of the drawer face. I used a little Liquid Nails adhesive at the area where I stapled just to make sure it doesn't rise. After I got the fabric stapled all the way around, I cut off the excess fabric. Next step... add the beautiful glass knobs I found at Home Depot. They weren't the cheapest knobs there but I loved them so much I had to have them. Also, I found that the screw that came with each knob was too long so I had to dig through my screws to find a shorter one that would fit and thank God I found some. :) Here's what it looks like after I finished the first drawer...

I think it looks great. One down 2 more drawers to go. I plan on staining the body of the dresser and possibly add legs to it as well. There's still a lot of work left to be done. I'll be sure to update my page as I go.

Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.