Next project... Reupholstering a Chair

I found this chair on craigslist for $15.


When I saw it I thought it would be a perfect reupholstering project to tackle. I'm not very experienced in this area so I need small projects to get my feet wet. I have a glass desk in my master bedroom and wanted to replace my large bulky computer chair with something a bit more fitting for my room. My husband has pretty much given me free reign to do what I want. He knows I try to make my design choices "husband friendly" otherwise, everything would be peach, pink, etc in color. Anyhow, I will be able to do it all on this chair which includes replacing the webbing...


Currently I've stripped the seat of it's fabric and have the chair down to nothing. Thankfully, this chair was previously reupholstered by a diy'er because there weren't as many staples as I anticipated. Believe me, there were plenty staples to pull out. I almost went out and bought a staple remover but tried out my needle nose pliers and they worked like a dream. Because of the rigid-ness of the surface of the pliers they were able to easily grasp the staples.


I still have to get out and purchase my other supplies (foam, batting and spray paint) to finish but I will be sure to post another posting once I'm done so you can see my finished product. I think I want to spray paint it black. I already have a blue-green color upholstery fabric that I plan to use. I'm also thinking about putting something on the back of the seat for cushioned support... not sure about that one yet.

Nina

Nashville area singer, actress, model and DIYer. I have a love for music and the arts. I'm also a bit of a math/computer geek. I've always thought of myself as being artistic and have grown to love interior decorating. ... I like to draw, paint, create unique things, give life to old things and learn more in the world of design. I also enjoy spending time with my family, playing sports, hanging out with friends, and working on my health and fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!... and please be nice. ;) Unfortunately, my comments are moderated due to spammers and those who like to post horrible things.